Dr. Roland Goslich
Tel.: +49(0)5151-999 302
The “Niedersächsische Lernwerkstatt für solare Energiesysteme” (Lower Saxony Learning Workshop for Solar Energy Systems), or “NILS” for short, was established in August 2001 as a cooperation between Lower Saxony’s Ministry of Culture and ISFH in a laboratory of ISFH. NILS thus promotes the exchange between science and schools in accordance with the task formulated in Lower Saxony’s Climate Action Plan.
NILS’ solar education focuses on:
- Development and implementation of solar didactic concepts in the fields of photovoltaics, semiconductor physics, optoelectronics, solar thermal energy, hydrogen technology and fuel cells for science education in schools and preschool facilities, for environmental education, climate protection and school projects
- Planning and implementation of teacher training courses at ISFH or in schools on behalf of the state school authority
- Planning and execution of experimental solar days in the NILS laboratory or at schools for students from elementary school to the Abitur (school leaving examination)
- Development of solar experimental equipment systems and technical experiments for school education and school projects
- Support for students, teachers and school staff in the field of basic scientific principles of renewable energy systems, climate protection, solar energy systems in schools, youth research projects and secondary school work.
- Planning and realization of solar didactic events at exhibitions and conferences
Further information is available at nils-isfh.de.